1.26.2006

Intense, Brilliant, Honest...

I've been a big fan of this guy for a while. When I was a younger, angrier lad, I saw his spoken word and my life was changed. He is blatant and honest and intense like no one else I have ever seen, heard, or read. Now, I don't listen to his music all the time, but his lyrics are always good (great for working out... If I ever did that), and I have a couple of his books, (one of which he autographed for me when I got to meet him). But his spoken word is what really does it for me. He is a man with a high school education, but a lifetime of learning.
Some of you have heard my rants about how I can't get involved with politics because I believe they are all liars. From Limbaugh to Michael Moore, every one of them lies to propigate their agenda. Henry Rollins is one of the few who I believe. I sincerely doubt this man has any agenda beyond trying to make the world a better "more rockin'" place. For that, I appreciate his work. Check him out...
2.13.61

(Ups to 8. Thanks for reminding me, brah.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that spoken word video you showed me was incredibly good.

made me a fan of the guy.

13:12  
Blogger Marklar said...

Certainly helped me cool my jets and be less of an angry ass-face. He's a very smart man.

13:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw him at the state theater last fall. He was unbelievable.

23:28  
Blogger Marklar said...

I saw him in the late 90's while going to Southern Illinois University. The girl I was dating at the time was friends with the people who organized the function. They let us meet him after the show. HR is a very cool, and down to Earth guy. He spent about an extra hour hanging out talking with a few of us outside. It was incredible.

01:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home